Vanilla Dream's Mini Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vanilla Dream
Vanilla Dream
Admin
https://flavorfuldreams.forumotion.com

Forum Document for the Week of 5/3 Empty Forum Document for the Week of 5/3

Thu May 02, 2019 6:06 pm
This is the document that tells of this week's occurrences, knowledge obtained, and other information regarding this forum and the Official Ourworld Forums.
I will most likely do monthly updates over the forums starting in June.

4/30/19
-The official Ourworld Forums had a few bugs, went up for a few minutes, then went down entirely with a new error that appeared as the "Apache" bug
-The official Ourworld Forums remained down all day

5/1/19
-The official Ourworld Forums remained down
-Forumers took notice and started to panic, investigate, theorize, or consider the possibilities
-Vanilla Dream (myself) sent in a help ticket over the matter after talking with former forum moderator and then a close friend

5/2/19 (Today)
-The official Ourworld Forums remained down
-Forumers now know that this is the forum's end for now, and hope for a brighter outlook in the future
-Vanilla Dream (myself) created a fanmade forum site where former forumers and friends can continue to track and document their progress on art journeys and marketplace journeys and obtain knowledge about the state of the official Ourworld Forums.
-Vanilla Dream (myself) received the following help ticket response (edited for sake of space):

"The JForum that once hosted oW's collective player-forum has proven unsafe and if left alone could cause far more harm than it does good. While we understand the removal of this forum will upset many of you, as it does us, for the sake of the game itself and all of your safety we have been left with little other choice and have since shut it off. Whether this change is temporary or permanent we do not yet know. Ideally, we would love to rebuild the forum on a new platform. Realistically, doing so may not be possible for us right now, or any time soon.

The ourWorld forum was an exceptional place and it will be missed. This decision was not made lightly and we are deeply sorry that this is the result. Everyone here, even those of us who no longer work on the oW project, love and appreciate all the feedback and content players have posted throughout the forum over the years. Over 10 years and some of you are still here! Players like you are what keep us going-- players that genuinely appreciate and enjoy the game we've worked so hard to make, want to work towards making it better, want to produce beautiful art of our avatars and items. While busy and unable to respond to every message, our art team especially enjoyed looking over everybody's thoughts and ideas about the game.

As I'm sure you might have noticed, this particular message is a macro written to address anyone who asks about the state of the forum or why it's no longer available."

5/3/19
-I started telling people about this temporary forum and inviting them to use it as they please
-Nothing else really happened

This concludes the first forum documenting, if you have questions or comments please feel free to reply below.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum